2009/12/15

more dissonance

I was a little taken aback to read that Peter Rollins was in Seattle visiting Mars Hill Graduate School. Pete Rollins and Mark Driscoll are both cool in their own way, but theologically they surely have as much in common as ... some very unlike things. I understand a lot more of Driscoll than I understand of Rollins. But I like much more of the latter than the former. Perhaps there's a reason for this.

But evidently Mars Hill Graduate School, despite being in Seattle, seems to have nothing to do with Seattle's Mars Hill Church. So that's all right then.

2 comments:

Kev said...

not sure what you are trying to get at with this post...

Kevin

Andrew said...

Kev,

Thanks for dropping by. Sorry if I was rambling. I guess it was really just the juxtaposition of "Peter Rollins" and "Mars Hill Seattle" that got me surprised. I can't quite imagine a meeting of minds betweeen Rollins and Driscoll. No deep thoughts here.