2007/08/09

Such vitriol!

Something else that strikes me forcibly is that those who take the adjectives postmodern, emerging, or emergent, seem to have raised the ire of an awful lot of people. A huge amount of energy seems to have gone into denouncing those people.

Perhaps the feeling is mutual. But it seems kind-of one sided. I'm preparing a talk this week on believing in Christ and becoming like him. I'm dwelling on 1 John 5, though it won't be a traditional exposition of the passage. I Googled

"1 John 5" emergent


thinking I might find some helpful commentary/discussion. Instead I found link after link of bile and denouncement (is that a word?).

Oh, and the other thing that amazes me is how many of those people seem to want to 'resist' postmodernism. Like you can outrun an express train which is about to catch your arse.

No comments: