2008/02/10

I met an emerging celebrity :-)

Yesterday evening, I had a couple of beers (Guinness, to be precise: it had travelled surprisingly well) with Nicholas Fiedler of the Nick and Josh Podcast (dot com). Nicholas and his wife are making a grand world tour, stopping in Australia for the next little while, where I happen to be on sabbatical . An Englishman talking to an American in an Irish Bar in the middle of a major Australian city qualifies as some kind of cross-cultural experience, I guess (though it's hard to beat one I had about eighteen months ago, when a Frenchman and I - an Englishman - found ourselves ordering Chinese food in German, from a Dutch waiter - in Holland. Perhaps the remarkable thing is that we got what we were expecting!).

Nicholas and I talked over many things, from the whole nature of the emerging conversation, the differences therein between America and Europe (about which I must blog separately, I think), the shortcomings of American beer, the rules of cricket, and much else besides. It was a good chat, and reminds me indirectly that I must get the blogroll sorted out on this site, so that I can encourage readers to visit the podcast, and half a dozen other blogs I have taken to reading. It also reminds me that I should blog more often. Watch this space, as they say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the beer and conversation. Good luck on that blogroll.